Here at Storm Fitness we want you to know we are committed to keeping your personal information safe. We want to assure you that your personal information will be is handled sensibly and with care. This policy will detail the type of information we may collect from you, how it may be used, how it may be shared and the steps we take to protect it.
All information provided to or available to Storm Fitness will be controlled by Storm Fitness; that is Storm Fitness Limited whose registered address is: 43 Percy Park, Tyne and Wear, NE30 4JX is the Data Controller.
1. The types of personal information gathered by Storm Fitness
• Provision of our services
We use the information provided to us to ensure we manage your experience according to our company’s values and service levels with the aim of continually improving the services we offer.
The type of personal information we may gather and hold include, your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, payment information and details about your general health and your reason(s) for contacting us.
The information collected about your health is classed as ‘sensitive information’. We only collect health information to assess your ability and readiness for exercise.
We also create information that then becomes part of the personal information we hold on you, such as a membership number and details of the type of services you use. Other information such as relationships you have with other Storm Fitness members, including members under 16 years of age, next of kin name and contact details.
• Personal Information Collected from Individuals under 16 years of Age
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 years of age without the consent of their parent or legal guardian. Parents and legal guardians should not allow children under their care to submit personal information without your consent.
• Contacting Us
When you use our website www.storm-fitness .com, or contact us via post, email, telephone or SMS, we may collect, store and use certain personal information that you provide to us. This includes your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, payment information and details about your general health and your reason(s) for contacting us.
• Photography and Videography
Storm Fitness and our trainer contractors use photography and videography to monitor and track training progress and also for advertising and marketing. We will not take any images of you or use any images of you unless we have your written consent to do so.
• Direct Marketing
Storm Fitness will use your personal information for direct marketing purposes only when you give us written consent to do so. We will ask for your preferences in relation to how you would to be contacted. You have to right to opt-out at any time. We do not pass your information to any third parties.
• Customer Surveys
From time to time, we may ask you to complete surveys which are designed for research purposes to guide us in continually improving our services. You are not obliged to respond to them.
Cookies used by Storm Fitness contain the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the user to monitor usage and the effectiveness of our advertising. These are both session and persistent cookies to identify repeat visits record usage. These cookies originate from the web server hosting our site, so are ‘first party cookies’. We may also collect traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data for the purposes of monitoring the performance of our website.
• Google Analytics
We need your permission to save cookies on your machine. Cookies are small files which are sent to your browser, for example Chrome or Firefox. They are stored on your computer’s hard disk. They only identify your computer and not you personally.
These cookies are used to help record your use of this website. They are used to collect statistics about site usage such as when you last visited the site. This information is then used to improve the user experience on our website. The cookies contain randomly generated IDs used to recognise your browser when you read a page. The cookies contain no personal information and are used only for web analytics.
The Google Analytics cookies are called _ga, _gid and _gat
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|1 minute||Used to throttle request rate.|
We encourage you to accept the cookies our website uses as they help us to improve the user experience for you and others.
To delete or reject cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from. Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
2. How we use your personal information
When you provide us with your personal information we use it for the following reasons:
• To carry our obligations according to any contracts held between you and us. This includes providing you the services that you request from us, including delivering personal training, group training and other services provided by us.
• To provide you with information about any other goods or services we offer.
• To maintain your account and process payments.
• To enable third parties to carry out technical, research, logistical and security services on our behalf.
• To notify you about any changes to our service.
• To ensure that our website is performing optimally for you and for your computer.
• To process a job application if you apply to Storm Fitness for a position.
• For internal operations, data analysis, management information and research purposes.
• To measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing.
3. Does Storm Fitness share the information it receives?
Storm Fitness shares your personal information with:
• personal trainer contractors for the purposes of delivering training.
• businesses providing us with support, administrative services and secure shredding services to ensure that we are able to provide efficient, secure services.
We have put in place measures to ensure that your data is processed in the strictest of confidence.
4. How we keep your information secure?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information.
Where we use software applications where the servers are based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We will only ever use such applications if they use Privacy Shield.
5. How long do we keep your information?
Your information is removed from our live system one year after your last training session. Only the management team will be able to view this data after the period of one year.
We keep your personal data for up to three years after our last contact with you unless there is a legal or contractual requirement to keep the same.
6. Are children permitted to use our site?
Children may use our site however if making contact with us should seek the permission from their parent or legal guardian.
7. Your Rights
You have the right to:
• request that we update or correct your personal information.
• request that we delete your personal data – unless there is a contractual or legal requirement to keep your personal information.
• request that we restrict the use of your personal data.
• withdraw consent for use of your personal data– unless there is a contractual or legal requirement to keep your personal information.
• make a subject access request, that is request access to the personal information we hold on you. If you would like to make such a request please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Studio 2, Benfield Business Park, Benfield Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 4NQ. There may be a fee of £10 charged for this service.
• complain to the Supervisory Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk) about our data processing activities.
8. Notices and Revisions
We update this policy regularly so please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of the changes we make.
It was last updated: 27/04/2018
9. How to Contact Us
Questions, comments and requests regarding our policy are welcomed and you can email us at email@example.com or you can write to us at; Studio 2, Benfield Business Park, Benfield Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 4NQ.