40 Motivation Questions to Feed the Fire Within.
December, the time where it’s totally fine to say you want to do one thing yet do the exact opposite. “I need to lose weight” you think to yourself whilst holding a mince pie in one hand and a Gingerbread Latte in the other.
“Should all be sweet soon, we just need it to be January as soon as possible.”
January, as we all know is the time of year when the motivation fairies sprinkle their motivational dust.
Have you asked yourself how you will finally actually follow through on all those things you’d like to do?
This may not seem “fitnessy” but it may help you get it done, it has helped me.
I think motivation has layers.
In the early stages of your training you can find motivation quite easily and get cracking straight away.
As you continue, the same motivational quotes and insta selfies that once motivated can fail to work.
At this point you have two options.
Look inside for why you were really doing this all in the first place.
Or… the option many choose.
Give up and start again in a few months time when you are back where you started.
Take 15 minutes and a note pad and work through some of these little babies and let’s see if we can’t feed that fire somewhat.
- What is most important to you?
- What are you passionate about?
- What do you represent?
- Why is that important?
- Do you like the person you are today?
- Why/why not?
- What is the ideal version of you? What is different?
- What 5 things will your annual callendar include:
- What 5 things will every week include:
- Look at your life today. Are you living your ideal life?
- Describe in detail your ideal day?
- What is your biggest dream or aspiration?
- What belief is stopping you from pursuing it?
- If you had unlimited resources i.e. time, money, specialist advice. What would you do today to get after it?
- What would the top specialist in the area you want to develop tell you?
- What are you busy with today?
- What impact will today’s activities have on you this time next year?
- If you could pass a message to yourself 5 years ago what would you say?
- If you could pass a message to yourself 6 months ago what would you say?
- If your future self from the year 2020 could pass a message to you today what would he or she you say?
- Using that information, what small action could you do today that would have a big impact?
- Describe your inner monologue?
- Is it helping you be who you want to be?
- Are there two different sides to your inner voice? (some people don’t actually hear a voice but I am using the term to describe your inner thought patterns)
- Which one do you listen to most often?
- Is the balance of which inner voice you listen as you would like it?
- What bad habits are you trying to curb?
- What good habits do you want to cultivate?
- What drives you to create behavioural change?
- Why was that your answer?
- Why does that matter?
- Why is that important?
- If one person could see you achieve all that you want to, who would it be?
- What impact would your achievements have on them?
- If you had just completed achieving everything you want to in life yesterday, what would you do today?
- Who are the 5 people you spend most of your time with?
- Do they/would they support you in becoming the person you want to be?
- Who inspires you the most?
- How can you inspire people?
- If you had nothing else to do today what would you do right now?
Ok I’m back again…
I once heard a story about an accountant who desperately wanted to be a music teacher, he talked about it all the time and clearly thought about it but never actually did it. When his daughter spoke at his funeral she gave us all one little sound bite that we can hold onto to remember to actually use the time we have:
“Don’t die with the music still in you”
If you want it, do the work, believe in yourself and importantly no matter how many times you reach barriers, pick yourself back up and go again!